The Journal of Contemplative Inquiry
The Journal of Contemplative Inquiry (ISSN: 2333-7281) is an online peer-reviewed journal which advances the understanding, development, and application of contemplative and introspective methods in order to serve a vision of higher education as an opportunity for cultivating personal and social awareness and an exploration of meaning, values, and engaged action. The development of critical first-person perspectives and alternative ways of knowing allows everyone in higher education to examine their own experience in relation to the material they study, transforming their understanding of how their work, study, and actions affect the wider world.
The 2021 JOCI issues are currently in production.
JOCI is published by CMind, ACMHE's parent organization. ACMHE members have free access to JOCI's contents through this website; log in to your account and scroll down this page to see the issue links and contents.
Non-member individual and institutional subscriptions are also available through JOCI's website.
- For questions regarding publication, reviewing, and submissions to the regular issues, contact the general editors, Dr. Trudy Sable and Dr. David Sable, at email@example.com.
- For questions about accessing JOCI, subscriptions, or technical issues, contact Carrie Bergman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOCI Special Edition: Transcendent Wisdom and Transformative Action: Reflections from Black Contemplatives
For questions about the 2021 Special Edition, "Transcendent Wisdom and Transformative Action: Reflections from Black Contemplatives," contact Dr. Kamilah Majied at email@example.com. We received dozens of compelling abstracts (the proposal period closed on March 30). Manuscripts are now under review with a projected Special Edition publication date of December 2021. Learn more on the JOCI website.
- Access to current and past JOCI issues is freely available to ACMHE members.
- ACMHE dues are self-selected and range from $35 to $125 per year. Additional benefits include event registration discounts, a searchable member directory, listerv, and additional resources.
- Interested in contemplative practices in higher education? We encourage you to become an ACMHE member (dues start at $35) and receive access to JOCI as a member benefit.
- Librarians: Insitutional access includes IP/domain authenticaton for campus-wide access.
- Also available through EBSCO
Click to expand
Editorial Advisory Board
State University of NY at Buffalo
Simon Fraser University
West Chester University of Pennsylvania
Leroy Little Bear
University of Lethbridge
University of Vermont