Spiritual Autobiographies are for all of us! Join us for a monthly class where we will explore the art, craft, and mystery of writing the deeper stories of our lives. Whether you are an experienced writer or this is brand new to you, this class is designed to meet you where you are. This is not a class on grammar, editing, and “getting it right”! Instead, this class focuses on the spiritual craft of writing… how, within sacred space, we can access and give words to the mystery of our own lives. Designed for experienced writers, those who are brand new, and everyone in between.
Over a five month period, you will:
• Engage in writing practices in community to spark your imagination, help you access your own story, and find ways to give that story expression.
• Explore your writing in a sacred space shaped by contemplative practices, gentleness, playfulness, and humor.
• Build community with other writers engaging in this work.
• Give and receive supportive encouraging feedback with other writers.
• Engage with readings to feed your writer’s spirit and inspire you in your work.
• Receive weekly encouragements and writing prompts to help you keep up momentum in your writing between class meetings.
• Celebrate your writing, with an optional opportunity to share some of it in our final class “open mic” celebration.
Classes meet in real time, and group members are asked to commit to attending “live” for as many of the sessions as possible. Classes will be recorded for those who have to miss a session.
Class Meetings: Saturdays, 3:00-5:00pm, Eastern Time on February 26th, March 26th, April 23rd, May 28th, and June 25th.
Instructor bio: Kerr Mesner, Ph.D is a writer, performing artist, spiritual director, consultant, and facilitator. Kerr has published articles and book chapters in a wide range of journals, books, and in Geez Magazine.
For sliding scale fees and to register, please click on the link below.