Summer Session 2021: Save the Date!
August 2 - August 6
17th Annual Summer Session on Contemplative Practices in Education
August 2-6, 2021 (exact dates/times TBA)
Broadcast Live via Zoom
More details and registration coming in Spring 2021
The Summer Session offers a unique combination of course development, community building, experiential learning, and time for practice. Some of the questions that we bring to this year’s summer session include, but are not limited to:
- How do we acknowledge each other’s histories and still engage in social justice practices with compassion?
- Is it possible for higher education, communities, and social justice practices to be in harmony with each other for the good of all?
- How do we honor different types of literacies and approaches to teaching and learning?
- What types of activism can support an intergenerational community?
- How can contemplative practices be one of many paths that can transform higher education?
Each day offers a variety of opportunities for professional development, but the Summer Session is also a time for personal development. It offers a chance to engage deeply with contemplative practices, reconnect with old friends, and forge new connections with colleagues from across many disciplines.