Contemplative Institute for Teaching & Learning: Exploring Our Edges
August 8 - August 12$250
This is an ACMHE member-submitted event. Questions should be directed to the event organizer (CSC & CTE @UVa)
This event is co-sponsored by CSC and the Center for Teaching Excellence and facilitated by Karolyn Kinane, Dorothe Bach, along with guest presenters. The institute welcomes instructors from any college or university who have been practicing contemplative pedagogy for two or more years.
The event offers a reflective framework to center contemplative processes in support of critical thinking, creative expression, problem solving, ethical action, and systems transformation. Registration is limited to 20 participants.
- To connect faculty who employ contemplative pedagogy with one another for support and encouragement as well as challenge and inquiry
- To identify contemplative processes and their enhancement of academic endeavors
- To explore relationships among contemplative pedagogy and other historical and cultural pedagogical initiatives and theories
- To engage in processes and practices of instructional renewal
- To foreground the importance of contexts in the practice of contemplative pedagogy